TIS Associate Athlete status is available to:
- An athlete competing as a professional in a TIS supported sport who is based interstate or overseas and maintains a mutually beneficial relationship with the TIS.
- An athlete who held a TIS High Performance (HP) Scholarship and has moved interstate to further their sporting opportunities and is subsequently supported by the interstate State Institute of Sport/State Academy of Sport (SIS/SAS).
TIS support available for Associate Athletes
- TIS Associate athletes will have access to negotiated TIS Strength and Conditioning and TIS Sports Performance Unit services when in Tasmania.
- Australian based TIS Associate athletes will be offered one flight home per year to compete in Tasmania, attend a TIS event or any other reason to be approved by TIS Manager Sports Programs.
- TIS Associate athletes will be invited to TIS events including, but not limited to; TIS Scholarship Announcements and Tasmanian Athlete of the Year awards.
- There will be no direct financial assistance available for Associate Athletes.
Please note: TIS athletes required to move interstate to further their sporting opportunities will be eligible to maintain their TIS HP Scholarship status, provided they:
- Continue to meet TIS Scholarship performance requirements and
- Have not yet met the criteria to receive SIS/SAS support interstate.
TIS Interstate-based athletes must continue to represent Tasmania whenever there is an opportunity to be considered for continued TIS support.