- Alex Clements in action during the 2014 U23 Tour of Flanders (Photo Credit: Graham Watson)
- 2014 TIS Scholarship Announcements
- Lauren Perry wins Gold in the Women's Individual Pursuit at the 2013 UCI Junior World Track Championships in Glasgow
- Amy Cure wins Gold in the 25km Points Race at the 2014 World Track Championships
A National Training Centre program conducted by the Tasmanian Institute of Sport in partnership with Cycling Australia (CA) and Cycling Tasmania (CT).
Cyclist aims for Olympic Gold. Interview with Amy Cure
Amy Cure - Winning the World Junior Scratch Race
To identify and develop talented Tasmanian cyclists through to competitive standards at an international level for Track and Road cycling.
TIS Silverdome complex, Launceston.
Caters for Track, Road, MTB* and BMX disciplines. The program provides access to coaching, equipment, sports science support, athlete career & education services, training camps and national and international competition.
* Will be assessed under TIS Individual Scholarship Program.
The cycling program operates under a specific selection criteria for Track and Road guided by Cycling Australia.
For a copy of the selection criteria, contact the Head Coach.
Scholarship period and standards are set on an individual basis by the TIS Head Coach. Cyclists are assessed continually on performances, results and potential to succeed at the international level.
New Scholarship Assessments:
Following major National and International cycling events potential new scholarships will be considered.
Some examples include;
- National Track Championships
- National Road Championships
- National BMX Championships
- National Road Series
- Oceania Championships
- UCI Events
OTHER TIS PROGRAMS:
Tas Pro Cycling Team Polygon:
A partnership has been formed until 2014 with Tas Pro Cycling, Team Polygon to provide a team structure for scholarship athletes to participate in National Road Series events (NRS) and other International events for both men and women.
TIS Cycling Elite Development Squad:
The TIS works closely with Cycling Tasmania (CT) and Cycling Australia (CA) to support an Elite Development Program, for juniors identified through the Talent ID Program as well as via the cycling clubs in Tasmania. For further information regarding talent ID opportunities please contact Ronald.Bryan@tis.tas.gov.au