A National Training Centre Program conducted by the Tasmanian Institute of Sport in partnership with Hockey Australia and Hockey Tasmania.
To identify and develop talented Tasmanian hockey players to national team standard.
To support the development of Tasmania’s elite hockey athletes, the TIS offer scholarships which provide access to the below
- strength and conditioning
- coaching (individual, small group and group)
- sport psychology
- sport science
- athlete wellbeing and engagement services (formally known as personal excellence)
- access to specialised equipment
- funding assistance to attend national and international competitions
- individual feedback through the use of Sports Code and other forms of technological feedback
Selection in the TIS Hockey Program is in large achieved by:
Following major national tournaments, potential new scholarships will be considered.
Performance indicators include:
1 January to 31 December.
Scholarships are typically offered for 12 months, selection is made following key benchmark events such as National Championships and the AHL.
Scholarship period and standards are set on performances throughout the year at national tournaments by the TIS Head Coach. Players are assessed continually on performances, and potential to succeed at international level.
The TIS Hockey program is a centralised program based in Hobart at the Tasmanian Hockey Centre and Technopark facility.
NTC Head Hockey Coach