The 2022 Commonwealth Games will be held in Birmingham 28 July - 8 August 2022.
Tasmania has 15 athletes named in the Australian Commonwealth Games Team.
Making their Commonwealth Games debuts will be:
- Jacob Despard - Athletics
- Josh Duffy - Cycling - Track
- Sam Fox - Cycling - MTB & Road
- Emily Meaney - Diving
- Jacob Templeton - Para-Swimming
- Erica Burleigh - Para-Triathlon
- Hayden Armstrong - Para Triathlon (guide for Gerrard Gosens)
Appearing at their second Games will be:
- Jack Hale - Athletics
- Stewart McSweyn - Athletics
- Georgia Baker - Cycling - Track & Road
- Rebecca Van Asch - Lawn Bowls
- Jake Birtwhistle - Triathlon
- Ariarne Titmus - Swimming
Making his fourth Commonwealth Games appearance is Kookaburras Captain Eddie Ockenden. Aiming for his fourth straight Commonwealth Games gold medal, Eddie has been named as one of two Birmingham 2022 Australian Team Opening Ceremony Flagbearers, alongside eight-time Commonwealth Games medallist Rachael Grinham.
Tasmanian based cricketer Nicola Carey will also make her Commonwealth Games Debut in the Women's T20 Cricket.
We'll keep you up to date here with the Tasmanian athletes schedules & results as well as news from Birmingham.
For the ultimate guide to the Australian Team, head to Commonwealth Games Australia.