A sports assistance scheme provided by the Government of Tasmania to cover the additional cost to Tasmanian Athletes and Coaches competing at a Junior or Open Competition level to travel with an international team competing overseas.
National Representative Fund application (PDF)
- Assistance is made available to cover the additional cost to Tasmanian Athletes and Coaches competing at a Junior or Open Competition level to travel with an international team competing overseas.
- Funding provided to successful applicants will be up to a maximum value of $500.00. Applicants are only eligible for one grant per calendar year.
- In the case of five or more applicants for the one event, funding will be limited to $2,000.00 for any one event, with the funds being divided equally between the successful applicants.
- The sport and National Sporting Organisation (NSO) must be recognised and endorsed by the Australian Sports Commission (ASC).
- Only support for recognised international events will be considered. Applicants must be able to demonstrate their selection for the event is based on merit and is fully endorsed by the NSO concerned. The application must be accompanied by a Statement from the NSO/SSO detailing all fund sources available to the applicant.
- Athletes on scholarship with the Tasmanian Institute of Sport will not normally be eligible to receive assistance through this program.
- Applications must be received and assessed prior to departure for the nominated event. Retrospective claims for assistance will not be considered.
All applications must be addressed to: