The TIS conducts the Tasmanian Rowing Pathway Program in partnership with Rowing Australia and Rowing Tasmania.
To identify, develop and prepare Tasmanian athletes to compete successfully at an international level.
The TIS works predominately in the high performance section of the Pathway Program, offering scholarships to Tasmania’s leading rowing athletes. TIS high performance scholarships provide a pathway for selection into national teams and Rowing Australia’s National Training Centres.
High Performance Scholarships
A TIS High Performance scholarship provides athletes with access to a high performance daily training environment, including access to the follow services:
- strength and conditioning
- performance nutrition
- recovery and injury prevention
- coaching (individual, small group and group)
- performance psychology
- sport science
- athlete wellbeing and engagement services
- access to specialised equipment
- support for athletes competing in national and international events
The TIS provides a training base for Australian crews preparing for international competitions when required.
For selection criteria please contact the head coach.
1 November to 31 October.
NTC Head Rowing Coach
Rowing Performance Coordinator