A National Athlete Pathway Program conducted by the Tasmanian Institute of Sport in partnership with Hockey Australia and Hockey Tasmania.
To identify and develop talented Tasmanian hockey players to national team standard.
To support the development of Tasmania’s elite hockey athletes, the TIS offer scholarships which provide access to the below.
- Strength and Conditioning
- Performance Nutrition
- Coaching (individual, small group and group)
- Performance Psychology
- Recovery and Injury Prevention
- Sport Science
- Athlete Wellbeing and Engagement Services
- Funding Assistance to attend training and competition opportunities
Selection in the TIS Hockey Program is in large achieved by:
- selection in national team or national squad
- strong performance at national championships
- potential to progress to senior international standard
Performance indicators include:
- Hockey One
- U21 Men and Women's Nationals
- U18 Men and Women's Nationals
- Commitment to hockey and the values of the TIS
1 January to 31 December.
Scholarships are typically offered for 12 months. Standards are set on performances throughout the year at national tournaments by the TIS Head Coach. Players are assessed continually on performances, and potential to succeed at international level.
The TIS Hockey program is a centralised program based in Hobart at the Tasmanian Hockey Centre and Technopark facility.